UPDATED! Berkeley location 05/03/2018
Title: Origination Associate
The Associate Originator will assist the Origination team in originating, structuring, negotiating, and closing deals for large-scale, off-site solar plants with utility and corporate energy buyers. He/she will assist in creating the origination strategy, help the team with prospecting efforts, prepare proposal materials, create and modify financial models, perform due diligence on opportunities, and assist in the negotiation and closing of asset sale agreements and long term PPAs.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Core objective is to help the Origination team achieve and beat its goals and targets.
• Assist Originators in creating their strategic plans and help them execute on the plan by assisting with prospecting, marketing, due diligence, proposal creation and contract negotiation.
• Assist the VP of Origination in creating the systems, processes and conditions for the team to hit or beat its goals.
• When requested do customer outreach through networking, cold calling, and emailing.
• Develop deep knowledge of state and regional market structures
• Understand our product offerings in each distinct market
• Help the team better understand wholesale energy markets
• Proactively work with the policy team to facilitate the exploration of new markets
• Analyze and interpret contracts, business journals, financial reports, and other relevant documents
• Prepare written communications and PowerPoint presentations that are clear, succinct, and compelling.
• Communicate and coordinate effectively across a wide range of both internal/external and technical/non-technical stakeholders
• Develop competitive analysis, secure front-line market intelligence and communicate to the broader organization
Characteristics of Ideal Candidate:
• Ability to drive innovative deal structures, and move quickly in a rapidly growing market
• Strong understanding of wholesale power markets, PPA contract negotiations, and solar power project development fundamentals and project costs
• Current in all customer, industry, government affairs and regulatory policy/news
• Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, customers, external partners, and vendors
• Expert level written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability, often with little or ambiguous data
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Master of Business Administration degree a plus
• Two plus years of experience on a wholesale energy trading desk
This position will require regular travel to our regional offices including San Francisco and Pasadena, CA, and Charlottesville, VA.
NO EMAILS PLEASE. USE THE BELOW LINK TO APPLY
To apply, click or copy and open link.